Digi International Elevates Public Safety Secure Connectivity, Announcing Market Availability of Digi SAFE at 2023 IACP Conference
Newly Available Solutions Including Digi TX40 5G with Mobile VPN, FIPS 140-2 Validation and Remote Management and Monitoring Showcased at Leading Public Safety Event
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20231012807757/en/
Digi International Elevates Public Safety Secure Connectivity, Announcing Market Availability of Digi SAFE (Graphic: Business Wire)
In an era where connectivity and communication are paramount, Digi is delivering robust, reliable, secure, and affordable solutions that cater to the next-generation requirements of emergency services organizations, regardless of their size or budget. Available now, the Digi SAFE™ solution provides dependable, always-on connectivity to public safety agencies. The solution integrates:
- Mission-critical software designed to enable rapid configuration and deployment, bolster network security, and enable ongoing management of the deployments
- Robust, high-performance routers engineered to endure severe vibrations and extreme weather conditions with the latest 5G technology
- Integrated security with Digi TrustFence® — a multi-layered approach to device security and authentication — as well as software-enabled FIPS 140-2 validation
- Value-added services to ensure persistent, unbreakable, and secure mobile connectivity in vehicles and enhance the capabilities and value of the solution
"We are delighted to bring our comprehensive technology solutions to market for public safety and emergency services organizations," said
Central to the functionality of Digi SAFE™ lies Digi Remote Manager®, serving as the command center of intelligent public safety mobile networks. Digi Remote Manager empowers IT teams to remotely oversee, administrate, and secure field devices — streamlining the setup and deployment of cellular routers while ensuring they consistently receive crucial security enhancements and firmware updates.
Ruggedized for the demands of public safety officers, Digi TX40 5G is the latest in Digi’s suite of purpose-built routers for demanding mobile applications to be unveiled and commercially available. Digi TX40 5G also meets the
Key TX40 5G features include:
- Global 5G/4G LTE radio with dual SIMs for robust connections
- FIPS 140-2 validation
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet ports for wired connectivity
- Wi-Fi 6 dual-band 2.4 + 5 GHz radios
- ITxPT compliance for easy integration and compatibility
- Multi-constellation GNSS with UDR for location accuracy
- E-Mark certified, meeting the stringent automotive safety standards required for use in vehicles
"The advanced technology built into Digi TX40 5G represents a significant leap forward in wireless connectivity for public safety while delivering exceptional value to agencies of all sizes and budget profiles," said Kinana Hussain, Digi’s Vice President of Product Management. "With its advanced features, rugged construction, and mission-critical certifications, we are proud to be delivering next-generation performance solutions to those who demand the best in mission-critical wireless communications."
The Digi SAFE™ connectivity solution also features the commercial availability of the Digi Mobile VPN value-added service. This service empowers agencies to establish a persistent, robust, and secure connection between their data centers via the Digi router in a mobile environment, encompassing all connected edge devices, whether wired or wireless.
Vitally important for public sector and emergency response applications, Digi Mobile VPN provides secure and reliable connections for first responder vehicles — ensuring persistent and highly secure connectivity, with Digi Remote Manager serving as the central hub for orchestrating the setup and deployment of the mobile VPN.
To learn more about Digi SAFE and the latest solutions available, visit Digi at the 2023 IACP show at booth #4053 or visit https://www.digi.com/digisafe.